Monday 3 October 2011

25/09/11 - North Esk


Time - 18.00 - 19.00
Water - Up a little bit and still a bit of colour, but right back down towards standard level
Where - Dalmore Tunnel Bridge Pool and downstream.
Weather - A bit muggy
Methods - Size 3 mepp
Total - 1
Species - Brown Trout

Size - 8.5 inch


Conditions a lot less favourable for the spinner due to relaxing water levels. But that didn't stop me hoping for biggies. I did manage a few taps and eventually briefly extracted this lovely wee scrapper from its home.


I fished downstream from the previously most downstream pool I'd fished. At the very foot of the Dalmore site there is a long crescent of a pool. I crossed upstream so I was on the right bank. Despite it looking excellent, I had no luck until the second part of the pool which has a small run in to a deeper section that runs alongside a wall on the left bank. I caught my solitary fish at the run in. Although it was well worth its photo, I decided to photograph it as I suspected it might be the only victim of the day. And so it turned out.


Below here, there were another couple of likely looking spots, but nothing else came to play before I had to retrace my steps prior to darkness o'clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment